Our number one goal is getting your furniture to you in good shape. In the event your furniture arrives with damages due to shipping, it is imperative you follow the steps below to get your warranty claim approved and piece or part replaced. Below is what the trucking companies require to get claims approved.
CRITICAL STEPS to filing Damages & Claims
Milk Street offers solid, fully-built furniture. Our hope is that it gets to you exactly as it left us, but this is NOT always the case. While we pack above and beyond ISTA standards, damages in transport do happen.
The following instructions are important to assure a successful delivery.
SOMEONE MUST BE HOME TO SIGN FOR YOUR DELIVERY ON THE DATE IT IS SCHEDULED. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE STRONG ABLE BODIES TO BRING YOUR FURNITURE INSIDE! DRESSERS ARE 200 LBS!
A SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY. IT WILL NOT BE LEFT WITHOUT A SIGNATURE.
YOU MUST INSPECT ALL CARTONS VERY CAREFULLY. ANY DAMAGE AT ALL SHOULD BE NOTED ON THE POD (proof of delivery paperwork) EVEN IF YOU REFUSE IT, you must note the reasons why it was refused. IF YOU ACCEPT DELIVERY, NOTE ON THE POD, ANY AND ALL MINOR ISSUES FOUND ON THE CARTON AND TAKE PICTURES.
VISIBLE DAMAGES – Carton(s) arrives with visible damages.
- REFUSE YOUR DELIVERY
- NOTE ALL REASONS FOR REFUSAL ON THE POD (proof of delivery paperwork. )
- TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CARTON(s) AND THE POD to submit to us with your claim. (Driver will take the original copy.)
- CALL US- If you refused delivery, please let us know by calling (844) 876-5455. Then file your claim on line.
CONCEALED DAMAGES – Carton(s) looked good and you accept delivery
- OPEN AND INSPECT IMMEDIATELY- Do not wait to inspect. Damages found after 48 hours will not be honored by the transport company. Even if you are planning to store your furniture or give as a gift, you MUST open and inspect It is your responsibility to confirm all arrived in good shape.
- SAVE ALL PACKAGING AND TAKE PICTURES. We get it, this is a pain. But, you must hold on to all the packing through the claims process.
FILE A CLAIM ON MILKSTREETBABY.COM - If cartons looked great when goods were delivered and you found problems after you opened and inspected, you will need to START YOUR CLAIM ON LINE immediately so that we can file a claim on your behalf. Do not email us about a claim until you have filed the claim form here
DAMAGE CLAIM: MUST BE FILED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. THIS CLAIM WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING:
Pictures of all damages, cartons, and the man date code sticker found on the lower rail of your crib or back of your case piece. We must have pictures showing damages clearly. Need pictures of carton, packaging materials and each specific part of your item that has been damaged. THE KEY HERE IS PROVING DAMAGE. The pictures are the best way to confirm items are delivered along with your testimony.
Document each issue with pictures and a detailed description on your claims form
- Save all cartons and packaging materials. We realize this is a pain but you will need to be repacked and returned to get a replacement. DO NOT THROW AWAY THE PACKAGING!
File a Claim Here
You need to be home for the delivery. If you cannot be, please arrange for someone to sign for the delivery. We have seen deliveries left with no appointment and no call. If this happens, we need to know ASAP.
If you are not home and the carton is left. You need a picture showing exactly where it was left and let us know that you were not notified, nor was the delivery apt made or kept. Then, you must open and inspect immediately!
Any damaged furniture will be replaced or repaired at no cost to you , but we need your claim filed on the claim form within 24-48 hours in order to take care of you.
For questions about filing a claim, email Paul@milkstreetbaby.com or call us at (844) 876-5455.